Item condition: used, function checked.
Made in USA
RT-841, SE-227, PRC-77 Radio
The AN/PRC-77 "Army/Navy, Portable, Radio, Communication" is a portable, battery-powered VHF-FM transceiver.
Description: The PRC-77 is used for short-range voice communication.
The AN/PRC-77 tactical radio set was put into service by the US military in 1968 during the Vietnam War as the successor to the PRC-25.
It differs from its predecessor mainly in that its final power amplifier stage consists of solid-state components (fully transistorized) rather than vacuum tubes.
The PRC-77 can also be used with voice encryption devices.
These include the TSEC/KY-38 NESTOR equipment used in Vietnam and the later KY-57 VINSON COMSEC equipment.
- 920 channels adjustable in 50 kHz steps over two bands.
- Frequency range: 30.00 to 75.95MHz.
- Depending on the conditions, the range of the 77 is about 8 km. Power output: 1.5 to 2.0 watts.
- Weight: 13.75lb (6.2kg)
- Material: Metal, aluminum case
- Size: Length: 28cm, Width: 10cm, Height: 28cm
- NSN: 5820-00-930-3725.